The Foundation relies heavily on the generosity and support of sponsors, just as Douglas Mawson did in 1911.
Heritage Sponsorship is a limited one-time sponsorship only open to those businesses who were associated with and integral to the success of Mawson’s original expedition in 1911 – 14.
The sponsorship includes:
- Exposure on the Mawson’s Huts Foundation website:
- Company logo or personal name on the home and about us pages with links – in perpetuity
- Website page with excerpt on the role the business played in Mawson’s expedition, along with historical images and a summary of the business today – in perpetuity
- The Foundation’s E-newsletter The Blizzard, published quarterly
- Excerpt on the business in first edition after joining as sponsor
- Acknowledgement of sponsorship on each successive edition of the newsletter in perpetuity
- 10 Free passes to the Mawson’s Huts Replica Museum for the first year.
- Copy of the Foundation’s documentary Saving Australia’s Antarctic Heritage
- Private, after-hours, guided tour of the Mawson’s Huts Replica Museum for a party of 15, includes light refreshments.
- Photograph of company banner displayed at Mawson’s Huts, Cape Denison, East Antarctica (to be taken when next Foundation expedition takes place)
After the first 12 months, we encourage our Heritage Sponsors to continue their support with an annual Silver or Gold Sponsorship.